CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sickness and Jury Duty

This week Jeremy has become pretty sick. He has had a fever for the last two days. We think maybe he has the flu? I'm now staying at my parent's house because I am not risking getting sick again. He has been feeling awful. Hopefully he feels better tomorrow. He's fever has come down a little bit tonight so that is a good sign.

I was notified in March that I would be on call for jury duty until August. I was called in this week for a trial. I spent all day Monday at the Federal Court House going through the jury selection process. This is the first time I have ever been called for jury duty. It was really interesting. A lot of people there seemed annoyed that they had to be there, missing work. I really thought it was a great learning experience and liked having the day off of work while still getting paid! At about 5:00pm on Monday I was eliminated from the jury panel. They don't tell you why you are eliminated but from the questions, other people eliminated and topic of the trial....I believe I was eliminated because I know too much about computers and I'm pregnant. So since I was not picked for this jury, I may still be called in for another trial from now until August. They said I can be permanently excused when the baby comes in June but I don't think I would mind going again. I guess we will see.

1 comments:

Pam said...

Erin I didn't even know you are pregnant! Beth just told me and sent me your link! Congratulations!!!!

Pam Soine (Binger)